Benefits of Nordic Walking
– Activates 90% of body’s muscles (90% when smiling!)
– Gives a 20-25% greater cardio fitness effect than normal walking without poles.
– Decreases the weight load on joints of the lower body (including lower back).
– Develops core stability especially the transverse abdominals.
– Promotes upright and better balanced posture.
Clarence Joint Therapy conducted its inaugural group Nordic Pole Walking session.
We had a variety of people with joint problems who learned how they can individually benefit from this form of exercise whereas walking would normally be a problem.